This was a bit of an ordeal to get recorded. It all started a couple of nights ago when I got an idea for a tune as I was going to sleep. This happens quite often and I rely on remembering it later. Yesterday I figured out the repeating riff and put it on my Boss RC-1 looper. Then I came up with the power chords. I put on the Boss DS-1 distortion to noodle over it and I thought it sounded okay. I am not sure how I would structure it for an actual tune.
The ordeal was a combination of my inability to get the loops recorded without making mistakes and the software I am using messing up. I did lots of takes before getting the loops done, but then found the audio was well out of sync with the video. I looked at fixing this in an editor, but it was just not right. So I tried recording it again, except I managed to not start the recording! Eventually I got the take you see. I did fluff the riff, but it is not too bad.
It is basically in F# minor, but I was winging it a bit on note choices and so there are a few clashes. At other times the lead and repeating riff sync up and even harmonise. This is fairly accidental and I expect I could do much better with more planning plus better theory knowledge. For now it is just another experiment.
Apart from the pedals above I am using my Zoom G3X for amplifier emulation and, of course, my Benford custom Telecaster.