This go around I decided to setup my phone in the window of the truck and take a time-lapse video of us changing this pole out. I wish I was a little closer but hey, you win some and you lose some I guess.
This line has been de-energized and protective grounds have been installed for our safety. With that being done we can go to work getting this pole changed.
This pole had a bank of transformers on it, so the first thing we needed to do was remove them from the bend rack. One of the transformers had a bushing broken in half. To think not a sign of a drop of oil hitting the ground. Crazy!!
Once we got that 400 or so pounds of transformers off the pole, it made it easier to grab with the claws on the Linetruck and stand up. Then, with the pole back in line where it should be, untying the wire from the insulators was a piece of cake and a heck of a safer.
Use the bucket to hold the wires out of the way, lean the old pole over and let it hit the dirt!! Dig a 6 foot hole for the new 40 foot pole, set the pole on the hole, plumb it up straight, back fill and tamp the crap out of the soil around it. Easy as that...
These transformers feed a center pivot watering system and a well pump. They are using it at the time so we left the transformers off and the crew can handle it in the morning.